Monday, July 13, 2009

Ancelotti: I deserve R-E-S-P-E-C-T


Carlo Ancelotti believes his body of work as a midfield enforcer with two European Cup winner’s medals will earn him respect.
"As a player I was not always quiet," said Ancelotti. "On the field I was a fighter and I didn't want the opponent to come into my territory. Now for me it is about the players having respect for my position as the coach."
"I have to make the decisions and at the same time I have respect for the players. This is my system to bring forward a relationship."
Carletto's present squad will have to adapt to their new bosses' way of working and will have to display a work rate to match.
"My message to work is to stay every day on the field. To work hard at training, that is my passion," added the former Milan boss. "My vision is to have players who can play well together and stay well together."
Ancelotti is set to miss out on the services of Didier Drogba for four Champions League games in the upcoming campaign, but has said that he understands the striker's psyche, given that he's a former player.
Drogba was banned for a expletive-filled tirade at the referee and at television audiences after last season's Champion's League loss to Barcelona.
Ancelotti said: "I was a player and it can happen, where in a moment, in a game, the mind is not cold, you get carried away."
The first order of the day for Ancelotti will be to persuade John Terry not to leave for Manchester City.
Terry's representatives met owner Roman Abramovich over the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment